BOOTHBAY REGION ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
BRES Title IA
Supporting Students at Boothbay Regional Elementary School
- Title I is a literacy & mathematics support program, funded by Title I, Part A of the federal Elementary and Secondary Education Act.
- BRES Title I staff members work with classroom teachers and other staff to help students gain literacy and math skills.
- Title I support at BRES takes many forms, often small-group instruction focused on student needs such as building reading strategies and applying them on text and building phonological awareness, phonics, word work, and comprehension skills, as well as number sense and math skills.
- The type of support is determined on a child-by-child basis and is revised as needed by staff. Parents are welcome to be involved as well; see below for whom to contact.
- BRES works to help all children learn and grow and Title I is one important part of that work. Your questions, comments, and suggestions are welcomed.